Ruth Unaegbu, MA RCC (#12132)
Registered Clinical Counsellor
Education & Memberships
Supplemental Clinical Training
- A Master of Forensic Psychology (MA) degree from Marymount University, Arlington, VA
- A Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree from the Trinity Western University, Langley, BC
- BC Association of Clinical Counsellors - Registered Clinical Counsellor (#12132)
- Australian Counselling Association - International Member (# IN1485)
- First Nations Health Authority Health (FNHA) Benefits Mental Health Service Provider (#10423-1)
Hi, I’m Ruth Unaegbu! I am the founder of Ruth Unaegbu Counselling & Coaching, The Parent Lab: Counselling and Education, and REST Counselling Group. I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC #12132) and Supervisor providing private therapy and supervision services in British Columbia, Canada. I created my practice in an effort to provide counselling services for those individuals, couples, and caregivers seeking support as they encounter various issues, difficulties, and disruptions in life.
I am a people-person and everything in my life revolves around the love for and fascination with people and their stories. I thoroughly enjoy connecting with others, digging deep and delving into fears, motivations, inspirations, goals, and dreams. Stories are powerful and I love being drawn into different worlds and working with people to create powerful change. You are my client if you are someone who is ready for or is experiencing a change or transition. I use a variety of therapy techniques and modalities to help you reach your goals and transform your life.
For the past 12 years, I have worked in a diverse range of programs throughout the Lower Mainland, including in residential care with at-risk youth, as a facilitator for at-risk youth, outreach work, as a doula, as a fitness & nutrition coach, as a CrossFit coach, and as a life coach. I have worked extensively in the field of parenting/caregiver support, supporting families in increasing their attachment, connection, communication, and empathy.
My areas of expertise include supporting:
• High level athletes
• Performing artists
• Members of the transracial adoption triad
• Perinatal birthing individuals
• Grown children of immigrants and refugees.