A LITTLE ABOUT ME
Ruth Unaegbu, MA RCC (#12132)
Registered Clinical Counsellor
Education & Memberships
Supplemental Clinical Training
- A Master of Forensic Psychology (MA) degree from Marymount University, Arlington, VA
- A Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree from the Trinity Western University, Langley, BC
- BC Association of Clinical Counsellors - Registered Clinical Counsellor (#12132)
- Australian Counselling Association - International Member (# IN1485)
- First Nations Health Authority Health (FNHA) Benefits Mental Health Service Provider (#10423-1)
Hi, I’m Ruth Unaegbu! I am the founder of Ruth Unaegbu Counselling & Coaching. I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC #12132 & Supervisor providing private therapy and supervision services in British Columbia, Canada. I created my practice in an effort to provide counselling services for those seeking support as they encounter various issues, difficulties, and disruptions in life as well as those looking to enhance and expand their lives. I work with a variety of individuals and provide culturally affirming counselling to BIPOC, with a big focus on Black women, first-generation and immigrant Canadians. I also specialize in working with creative professionals (actors/actresses, musicians, artists, etc.), athletes, parents/caregivers, and those who are a part of the adoption triad (specifically transracial adoption).
I thoroughly enjoy connecting with others, digging deep, and delving into fears, motivations, inspirations, goals, and dreams. You are my client if you are someone who is ready for or is experiencing a change or transition. I use a variety of therapy techniques and modalities to help you reach your goals and transform your life.
Participation in therapy can result in a number of benefits to you, including improving interpersonal relationships and the resolution of the specific concerns that led you to seek therapy. If you're ready to take the step toward healing, connect with me today!